Sunday, July 17, 2011

My DIY Wedding

Ok, now did you really expect me to not publish my wedding photos? Ha! Alex Wolf Photography, Snaptastic Shots and Stephanie Davis did an amazing job on my personal wedding magazine, engagements and wedding photos! Alex Wolf captured a lot of great "in the moment" shots. I love all the great decor photos that snaptastic shots captured. All that hard work -staying up til 6 am for 4 months came down to this one photo!! Below are just a few photos that they captured on that magical day!
Photobucket

I created everything from the Wedding Invitations down to the napkin holders.
For the aisle I created "feather" balls. During this whole process I wanted to stay on a budget! When looking styrofoam balls I was blown away at how expensive they were $5.88 for one ball and I needed 8- plus ALL the other materials. It doesn't seem like a lot but when your as detailed as I am every penny counts to make sure I get to design everything that I want! So- working at a newspaper at the time I recycled the old news papers and crumbled them into a ball and put clear tap around it to make sure it was secure. I then wrapped the balls with feather boas and attached them with sewing pins. I attached a tulle bow and a broach that I made from feathers and a crystal and Walla!!

As far as the centerpieces (it was Christmas time in August at Hobby Lobby) - lol they always put things out 4 months in advance. So I got some GREAT deals! Pearl christmas garland (in reality it was just a HUGE strand of pearls) I cut them into sections and put them in the bottom of a glass jar, added a broach that I made from feathers, a tulle bow and a crystal, added a floating candle and as easy as that... I had a unique wedding centerpiece for the guest tables!


Photobucket

What else did I make?
-Wedding Invitation, Save the dates, Thank you cards
-The bows with feathers and crystals on the girls shoes
-The Big Black, Brown and creme tall flower centerpieces
-Place cards, napkins, napkin holders
-My Garter
-Hair pieces
-My own wedding magazine/program
-Black balls with pink crystal S's for the parent tables
-Flowers for Flower girl basket with feathers and crystals attached
-Road signs
and much more!
If you would like to know how I made any of these things please feel free to leave a comment on here or email me on facebook!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in love with everything I would love to know how you made your items my email is alexzandria.plante@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete